The summertime is always the perfect time of year to travel and take your car out for a road trip or a day in the sun. It’s always a time of increased traffic on the road, as many people are using their vehicles more often. With the increase in driving and the warmer temperatures, the summer tends to take a toll on our vehicles in more ways than one. Caring for your vehicle throughout the summer will protect your vehicle’s integrity and ensure that it runs well into the fall season.
Here are some of the ways that you can take care of your vehicle during the summer:
- Try to park in shade and directly out of the sun. Parking in the sun for extended periods of time can damage your vehicle’s exterior and can affect your interior as well. Plus, you’ll need to rely on your vehicle’s air conditioning system more often to cool down the cabin.
- Check your tires to be sure that they are set at the proper air pressure. Driving with under-inflated tires can decrease your vehicle’s fuel efficiency, wear down your tires quickly, and put you at risk for blowouts on the road. The better you maintain your tires, the longer they will last.
- Be sure to keep track of your vehicle’s oil change. Engine oil is always vital to your car’s performance, so if you’re due, be sure to have this service performed.
- Have your cooling system inspected. The cooling system helps regulate the engine’s temperature, and sweltering heat can definitely make this system’s job harder. You don’t want to have to deal with the repairs that come with an overheating engine, so ensure that your vehicle’s cooling system is always working at its best.
- Wash your car frequently. The summer is notoriously for dirty cars, and while you may think that a dirty car doesn’t matter except for how it looks, dirt and grime build-up can actually damage your car’s paint job.
- Pay attention to your car’s battery, especially if it has been years since your last replacement. The heat can cause old batteries to die out quicker, so testing the battery to ensure that it still has life left will prevent you from finding yourself stranded on the road.
These are just some of the best ways in which you can better maintain your car throughout the summer. If your vehicle is due for service, we would be happy to assist you here at Broad Stroke. Give us a call or stop by our shop today!